Like what you got? | C.S. Lewis quotes | Find him on Amazon.
All get what they want; they do not always like it.C.S. Lewis
Like what you got?
Isn’t this quote very accurate? We always get what we really believe in, what we truly want. Yet, we keep complaining about why things are the way they are. How ironic!
Sometimes our actions and thoughts are in complete sync. That’s why we appreciate what we have, and other times there is a gap. A gap in our beliefs and actions.
Why is there a disconnect?
This disconnect can be because of either of the two reasons:
- Either we are completely unaware of what we really want or
- We know what we want but are unable to accept it because of whatever reasons known best to us
How to bridge the gap?
- Discover what you really believe in – your core values.
- Stop living your life according to what others expect of you. Knowing your core values will help you find your purpose.
- Embrace your individuality – your opinions, decisions, feelings, and everything that makes you who you are.