Healthy boundaries | Jessica Moore quotes
Having healthy boundaries not only requires being able to say “no,” but also being willing and able to enforce that “no” when necessary – Jessica Moore.
Healthy boundaries – meaning
Boundaries are an essential aspect of an individual’s identity. It boosts your self-esteem and is crucial for emotional and mental well-being.
When you draw a boundary, it means creating a space between you and the other person.
You should define boundaries in every aspect of your life, be it in relationships, at work with your boss or co-worker, with family, or with yourself. Some examples are:
- Keeping personal lives seperate from professional lives.
- As a leader, you are not holding yourself responsible for every success/failure of your team members.
- Requesting your partner for some privacy at certain hours of a day.
- Taking ownership of your actions and emotions instead of blaming others.
How to draw healthy boundaries?
Here are some tips for drawing boundaries:
- Learn to say “No.”
- Accept that no matter how important the other person/relationship is, you are not responsible for solving all their problems.
- Avoid excessive apologizing. Less of “Sorry.”
- Talk in I-statements more instead of you-statements. When you speak more in your you-statements, it appears as an accusation in any argument or discussion.
- Communicate more. Say what you need and what you don’t need.
You might feel guilty or selfish when you’ll begin with boundaries at first. But remember, they are crucial for your betterment & confidence. Self-care is always importantre is always essential.
When you take care of yourself and your needs, that’s when you can really take care of others’ happiness.Surbhi Mahnot
Loved the quote? Spread the word?