Do you live in the present? | Michael J. Fox quotes | Find him on Amazon
If you have one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow, you’re pissing all over today – Michael J. Fox
Do you live in the present?
We spend our lives either thinking about our future or things that could have been better in the past. Life is full of events – good and bad both. We feel motivated by good and depressed by bad events, making it harder for us to let go of the past. Thus we start living in the past – “what if…”, “how life would have been if…”, “why it happened to me?” etc.
We have aspirations, milestones, and ambitions to achieve. We certainly can’t overlook the future completely, but at times we are unable to detach ourselves from future planning and worrying so much so that we start living in the future.
How should you live in the moment?
Neither can we change what happened in the past, nor can we control what will happen in the future. It is only our present that we can either make or destroy.Surbhi Mahnot
- Plan your future, but enjoy your every day as well.
- Learn from your past what you should have done and should not have. Make your present beautiful from these learnings.
- Spend time with friends, family to stay connected to your roots.
- Practice mindfulness to be more in control of your thoughts.
- Find time for your desires, dreams, hobbies, passion. They may be part of your future plan or lost past, or maybe not. To be honest, better if not.
- Give some time to settle. Best can be digested quickly; worst needs more time. Be patient
- Show gratitude towards yourself and others for every tiny accomplishment made. The more you express (not necessarily to others), the more you can be in the moment.