Our first relay hack aligns with productivity. Task batching is one of the most productive time management ways. I am a fan of this technique because of its simplicity & effectiveness
Why do task batching?
To focus better, maximize productivity, and less ramp up time
A study suggests that it takes about twenty-three minutes (23 mins) to set the focus after any interruption. When we work on a task, our brain is fully immersed in the zone. During this moment, any other similar task can be finished quickly as our brain is already aware of the context & it requires less time to process
- Communication: you can add all your phone calls & messaging time in this block
- Emails: responding to all emails in one go
- Planning: all the decision-making work for the day in one go. Or setting up a calendar for the entire week etc. Unschedule is a great technique to beat procrastination
- Learning/Self-development: studies, news reading, etc. in this batch
- All play: socializing, me time, binge-watching, movies, pamper, etc.
Try batching tasks & see the difference. After all, won’t you want to do more in less?
Loved the hack? Spread the word🙌
What is Relay Hacks?
Relay Hacks focus on providing insights & tips by suggesting alternate ways (may or may not be common) to maximize efficiency. These are short articles (1-2 mins read) to make a point clearly.
I hope you enjoy reading this series & it does make a difference to you, in a good way!